Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lofthouse cookie.. wannabes


I love Walmart's lofthouse soft sugar cookies. They are one of my fave sugar cookies and I've wanted to learn the secret recipe. Today I was looking up recipes for soft sugar cookies, because I wanted to bake something. I found a recipe that claimed to be similar, so I tried it. The frosting is a tad different, but the actual cookie is pretty close. I also love the pink icing I made! :)
On a unrelated note... I saw Where The Wild Things Are last night and it was an amazing movie, I loved every second of it. I haven't been moved by a movie like that in such a long time. I just totally got it 5 minutes into it.. good message, very emotional at parts, not blaintly obvious emotion, but the kind when you actually read between the lines. Isn't it funny how most of the time, children's movies have the most powerful layers of messages?

No comments: