Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On the 13th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, one Italian rum cake

Here are some photos of the steps in making an Italian rum cake. I made the cake for Christmas Eve. My family has Italian food on Christmas Eve every year, so the cake perfectly suited the occasion. There are also some photos of Christmas.




The egg yolk and sugar mixture to the left and the egg white mixture to the right


The finished batter with the egg white mixture and cake flour folded into the egg yolk mix


My cake pans filled


My pastry cream that I made the day prior. Chocolate and Vanilla



The rum syrup


My baked and cooled cakes


Sponge cake, brushed with the rum syrup, layered with the pastry cream


crumb coated with whipped frosting


Finished cake!


Everyone seemed to like the cake


Front house decorated


Cosmo eating his Christmas Eve dinner


Lasagna, eggplant parm, meatballs and sausage and my amazing homemade garlic bread


I thought that my gift was the most hilarious Christmas photo, everyone in their snuggies!


The tree


Kaspy yawning


The prime rib for Christmas dinner

No comments: