Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Ah yea, if you could just go ahead and make these, that would be great, mmkay?

Seriously one of the best oatmeal cookie recipes that I've made. This recipe is too good. So go ahead and make them... right now!

You could probably add raisins and walnuts or pecans to this recipe and some cinnamon, nutmeg and clove as well. I haven't tried the recipe with any of those spices because today I just wanted a nice and chewy cookie, with not really anything healthy in it... just butter and chocolate and I wanted an oat cookie for a bit of texture.

I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time that I try to make an oatmeal cookie, the cookie batter doesn't spread much and the cookie is just this dried out lump of spiced dough. For that reason, I'm always a bit worried to try an oatmeal cookie recipe, but I think I have finally broke that oatmeal cookie curse.

A quick tip if you are trying out a recipe for the first time and are not sure if you are going to like it and end up with a million cookies hanging out in your house. I always halve my cookie recipes. So, for example.. this recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter, I would use only 1 stick and instead of 1 C of brown sugar.. 1/2 C and ect... just do a little math. Baking has helped with my fraction skills likes whoa. 

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Sticks of Butter (Room Temp)
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 Sugar
2 Eggs
2 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 C Flour
1 ts Baking Soda
1 ts Salt
3 C Oats
1 1/2 C chocolate chips

If you want an oatmeal raisin cookie, instead of chocolate chips add raisins and add 1 ts of cinnamon and subtract 1 ts of vanilla.

Preheat oven on 325

Cream butter and sugars until smooth

Add egg and vanilla and mix in, until smooth

In another bowl, sift your dry (flour,baking soda,salt)

Add your dry into the butter mixture.

Fold in Oats and Chocolate Chips.

Bake for 12-14 minutes.


No comments: