Friday, September 3, 2010

Tortillas


Last night I was thinking about a low calorie meal that I could prepare today, without having to go to the store and buying anything. Lack of money.

So, I thought to myself, well, I have some black beans and rice packets in the freezer. (I buy the box mix of black beans and rice, cook it and then divide up my serving sizes, put them in ziploc bags and freeze them) and I also have some low fat cheese and then I have some portioned out chicken in the freezer... too bad I don't have tortillas.
And then I thought, well.. I remember when I lived in Michigan, I had a teacher who made them in class one day and she was telling us how super easy it was and how much money you saved making your own, rather than buying them and how much better they tasted.

So I got a recipe and I made my own tortillas. They were kind of a pain to roll out, but after awhile, you get the technique down, and I got to try out my comal!

No comments: