Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

So today is Easter and we all know what any kind of Italian family Holiday is all about.. and that's food.


I started the Easter weekend off by having my Nana and Grampy over early yesterday morning and we spent most of the day at the pool with the whole family. Then went home and made pasta and garlic bread and then later on that night we colored eggs. I made a homemade angel food cake, it came out awesome, looked just like something you'd buy in the store. We went to "The Girl's Strawberry Patch" and picked some fresh strawberries and made a strawberry shortcake with the angel food cake and my Nana made the fresh whipped cream. It was a nice dessert.



Today we watched awesome old school claymation Easter movies and snacked all day. I made stuffed mushrooms, my sister made her spinach dip. Then we had Easter dinner. I made a sweet potato casserole with dinner, it came out awesome. My Nana made her tiramisu, it was the most amazing tiramisu that I've ever had.








Tala's first Easter and she loves it! Can't you tell how much she is enjoying helping us clean up?





No comments: