Sunday, December 14, 2008

Homemade nougat anyone?

So I've moved again, I'm in Delray Beach now. To break in the house I decided to make some homemade nougat. I had never made it before and I think it came out pretty awesome, it's like marshmallow, but doesn't have that gross marshmallow taste and there is no gelatin in it yay. So the process was a bit of a pain, because it's not baking, it's cooking candy, which means you have to cook it just right, with different stages, ex: hard ball stage, soft ball stage.. tempatures. Then you have to whip egg whites to a certain texture, then cool for about an hour and then finally are allow to cover the nougat in chocolate. I would do them differently next time, not whats in them, but the way i coated them in chocolate, but they taste amazing.








No comments: