Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day cookies

Here are some Valentine's Day cookies. I made some chocolate chip (not pictured) oatmeal raisin, and sugar cookie.

For the sugar cookies, I made the dough, rolled the dough out, chilled the dough and then cut out the shapes and baked them. While the cookies were cooling I made the royal icing. I piped the border around each cookie and then I took some royal icing and thinned it out with some water, to make a royal icing flood for the cookies. I then added the thinned out royal icing (flood) and spread it onto the cookies evenly with a toothpick. I let them dry overnight.

That same night I made some chocolate cameos. I bought this really cool candy cameo mold, so I used that as my chocolate mold. I had vanilla bark and chocolate bark. I melted some vanilla bark and used that for the facial features, I took a toothpick and made sure to only fill those areas with the white vanilla bark, then I popped the candy mold into the fridge. I added some pink pedal food coloring dust into the remaining white bark to make pink and then melted some chocolate bark.

After the facial feature layer was firm, I added the background color. I did a few chocolate backgrounds and a few pink. My favorite was the pink. And then I popped the mold back into the fridge. They firmed up very quickly, so I popped them out of the mold and put them into a container.

The next morning I decorated the cookies. I used a few different techniques and I'm happy with how they turned out.





Oatmeal raisin cookies





No comments: