Friday, August 29, 2008

carrot cake cupcakes

So, we had some cream cheese in the house, we never have cream cheese in the house and I felt like baking something, so I went onto the Kraft website to see if I could find a good cream cheese recipe. I saw this Pumpkin loaf with cream cheese in the middle, it looked amazing, but we didn't have any pumpkin in the house, and I didn't feel like going to the store at all. So I scanned the fridge and cabinet for inspiration. We had just gone to the Farmer's Market this week and bought a bunch of veggies and fruits. We used up all of the banana's, so no banana bread. We did have some carrots, so I decided to make some carrot cake cupcakes. Everything is from scratch, the cake recipe and the cream cheese frosting, the frosting is the best cream cheese frosting that I've ever had. Next on the list is a pumpkin cake with cream cheese in the middle, I had got these awesome cake pans for my birthday and totally forgot about them when I was making the carrot cake cupcakes. They're pretty awesome, can't wait to try them out.




No comments: